WiFi device with IP address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a component to create a very simple WiFi based solution.

Problem Description: Monitor if a device is powered on by monitoring its IP address, communicated over the local WiFi network

Possible Solution Scenario:

• When a device power source is "present"/"on", a simple WiFi module will turn on and connect to a predefined WiFi SSID.
  • The WiFi module will have an IP address (either pre-set or received via DHCP).
  • One can ping WiFi module IP address to conclude if the device is on or off

The WiFi component shall be as simple as posible. No much programming, no commercial monthly fees for wireless < -- > cloud services

I just don't know enough about the product line to find the simplest device that fits the requirements

Thank you in advance

1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

The device I would suggest is CYW43907 since the MCU is integrated. But all of the devices suggested and listed in the previous post will need programming. The Framework for your application is available in WICED Studio IDE. You will have to develop your application as per your requirement.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You can refer the Cypress Product page to find the available devices. Please find the products here: http://www.cypress.com/products

As per the application mentioned above, you can go for the product with WiFi functionality(i.e, CYW943362 or CYW943364). You can also check out CYW943907 in Wireless MCU category on the products page.

WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

The device I would suggest is CYW43907 since the MCU is integrated. But all of the devices suggested and listed in the previous post will need programming. The Framework for your application is available in WICED Studio IDE. You will have to develop your application as per your requirement.

Regards
Winston
0 Likes