Hardware-Block transfer or Hardware-Burst transfer by interrupt of MFS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuIn_1625121
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

By Interrupt of MFS, can be DMA transfer that is Hardware-Block transfer or Hardware-Burst transfer used?

If yes, How to use it?

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Inoue,

Yes, to My understanding this is possible. As the DMAC is triggered by the MFS interrupt signals following configuration should be used:

- The MFS receive interrupt has to be configured for triggering at a certain FIFO level using the FBYTE register.

- The MFS transmit interrupts has to be configured for FIFO empty signals, in case automated sensing is required, too.

Of course there might be some data left in the RX FIFO when processing it and the level defined in FBYTE was not reached, this has to be considered.

pastedImage_7.png

kind regards,

Achim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi Inoue,

Please have a look at following example: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/mb9bfxxx-mfs4-dma-timeout-v10

This should be a good reference to solve your problem.

It implements MFS4 that stores its data on reception in a RAM buffer via DMA.

There is also a second DMA channel used to reset a timer on reception to prevent a timeout.

I hope this helps,

Achim

0 Likes

Hi Achim,

Thank you for your answer.

I think the reference is used interrupt of Base timer and Demand transfer.

Does your answer mean that the there is no problem setting the interrupt source to MFS and the transfer to hardware - block transfer or hardware - burst transfer by referring to this document?

Best Regards,

Inoue

0 Likes

Hi Inoue,

Yes, to My understanding this is possible. As the DMAC is triggered by the MFS interrupt signals following configuration should be used:

- The MFS receive interrupt has to be configured for triggering at a certain FIFO level using the FBYTE register.

- The MFS transmit interrupts has to be configured for FIFO empty signals, in case automated sensing is required, too.

Of course there might be some data left in the RX FIFO when processing it and the level defined in FBYTE was not reached, this has to be considered.

pastedImage_7.png

kind regards,

Achim

0 Likes