BLE ERROR CYBLE_HCI_COMMAND_DISALLOWED_ERROR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D_Sd_3235936
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi

Running my psoc 4 as peripherial.

I get this error constantly.

What does it mean?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

E Pratt is correct that while connected, you can do only Non connectable advertising. You can do it by changing the adv parameter in CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T and call CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(&discoveryModeInfo); API.

Please modify the project and try.

If you are still getting error for pairing, please share the project so that we can have a look into the code flow.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This error code indicates the BLE controller is not able to execute the command requested.

Can you please tell us your application details? And at what point does this error occur?

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Likes

i see this issue in 2 places:

A master android device, and the psoc4 is the slave.

1. When we toggle advertisement:

CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement();

CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(CYBLE_ADVERTISING_FAST);

when either connected or disconnected.

2. When master is pairing to our device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. You can only do certain types of advertisement while connected (undirected, unconnectable)

2. Most likely you are calling a CyBle function when receiving an event related with the pairing that is throwing the HCI error?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

E Pratt is correct that while connected, you can do only Non connectable advertising. You can do it by changing the adv parameter in CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T and call CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(&discoveryModeInfo); API.

Please modify the project and try.

If you are still getting error for pairing, please share the project so that we can have a look into the code flow.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana