Can Bluetooth stack closed alone at cyw20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiLi_2861801
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi ,

My device has no need to open bluetooth at some time like from 00:00 - 8:00 everyday, but it should be awake for sensor to record the value.  Can the bluetooth stack be closed alone to save the power? How to?

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need to use WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN in your application. The power modes can't be selected in the Wiced SDK. The device will choose it automatically.

You just need to stop the adv and scan to shut down the RF part. You can start advertising when you need.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Do you mean you need to run the application all the time but just shut down the RF part some time?

0 Likes

Hi zhxh.

Yes. 

And is it possible to lower down the MCU speed when RF closed?

And How many current should be measured at J15 while SDS mode?

The HCLK will not run in the sleep mode. For the low power mode, you may refer to this document for the low power mode and how to use it.

http://www.cypress.com/file/415986/download

The current is about 1.5 uA floor current and 3 channel adv at 100 ms interval is about 30 uA. You can test on your own board for your application.

Hi zhxh,

Sorry I can't understand the PMU low_power mode document. I dont know how to switch between these power modes. 

Do you mean I should return WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN not WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITH_SHUTDOWN in the sleep_permit_handler ? Then the mcu will running my own application and the RF will be closed? When the closing time is ended, How to restart the bluetooth stack? Bond a GPIO as wakeup source and give it a level changing?

Thanks

0 Likes

WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN  - this mode will close the peripherals including SPI what I need to communicat with g-sensor.

0 Likes

You need to use WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN in your application. The power modes can't be selected in the Wiced SDK. The device will choose it automatically.

You just need to stop the adv and scan to shut down the RF part. You can start advertising when you need.