CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit - Serial Communication between 2 PSoC devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I am trying to establish serial communication between two  CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit devices. Can anyone please post the entire work space or project if anyone has done this please. I am also using radiometrix NTX0 and NRX0 transmitter and receiver RF modules in the kit, so it has to serially communicate only when transmitter sends the data.
Can anyone please share the workspace or project for serial communication between TWO PSoC CY8CKIT-042 devices please

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Attached are the code  for the UART TX and RX for 042. Device: CY8C4247LQI-BL483.

Program one board with UARt_TX and other with UART_RX.

Connect 2 boards VDD and GND.

Connect 1.4 of one board to 1.5 of other and vice versa.

As soon as the TX RX connection happens. the Red LED of the RX should glow.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

See PSoC4 UART examples in here

PSoC 4 and RF modules serial communication

You still need to make your own set of communication commands to exchange meaningful information between two boards.

/odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply,

Can you post the entire workspace or project of UART communication between two psoc 4 devices if you have done please. I need the project for the serial communication between two psoc 4 devices

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Sachin,

I think SCB_UartComm example project in PSoC Creator can help on this.

make some small modification, UART communication between two PSoC4 can setup.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Attached are the code  for the UART TX and RX for 042. Device: CY8C4247LQI-BL483.

Program one board with UARt_TX and other with UART_RX.

Connect 2 boards VDD and GND.

Connect 1.4 of one board to 1.5 of other and vice versa.

As soon as the TX RX connection happens. the Red LED of the RX should glow.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. This surely helped a lot. Have some more issues with it.

1) We are measuring the transmitter and receiver bits in an oscilloscope and the data are not synchronized. How to make both the transmitter and receiver signals synchronized by changing the code? Kindly help with this please

2) Also we have to encode the data using FCC( Federal Communications Commission) rules for 27Mhz Band Width. How do we achieve this?

Thank you 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, the data we have to manually change every time in the program, like PutChar("A");, how to make it user interactive, like to ask the user to enter his/her own data without actually accessing the program.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two PSoC 4 serial communication using putty

Hello everyone

I am using two PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-042 and some of the radiometeix RF elements such as NTX0 and NRX0. I’m using UART in both PSoC devices. I need both the boards to serially communicate and have to show result in Putty. Like if open two COM ports in putty, and type data from transmitter board it must be communicated in the receiver COM port in PUttY.

Can you kimdly post post the entire workspace or project if anyone has done it please. It would be of great help. nmituser_342122993arshiyat17_3438896rzzh

0 Likes