Re:

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrCh_1185121
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to utilize the SPI capability in the "Bridge Control Panel" but it is always greyed out for me.  After a bit of research it seems that functionality is only available with the KitProg2 debugger.  So I guess I need one of them.

According to the KitProg2 User's Guide, "The KitProg2 is integrated onto most PSoC ® development kits." I have some PSoC 4200, 4200M, 5LP and a BLE Pioneer Baseboard.  All of my dev kits show up as just KitProg (I see no number 2 in the ID).

A few questions...

1)  Am I understanding the problem correctly? Do I need a KitProg2 to get SPI functionality in the Bridge Control Panel application?

2) And if so...  Is there a way to upgrade the firmware on my existing KitProgs to get KitProg2 functionality?

3) And if that's not possible... How/Where do I get KitProg2 devices?

Thanks.

-Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Brian,

1) Yes. KitProg can't support SPI bridge, but KitProg2 can. See the driver list:

BCP_Support.PNG

2) You can find KitProg2 driver's hex in some kits' install files, such as:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-145-40xx-psoc-4000s-capsense-pro...

Recommend to double-check if their hardware are compatible before the 'upgrade'.

Then you can program your KitProg with KitProg2 driver's hex through SWD interface(I guess an external debugger, for example MiniProg3 is required) and make it become KitProg2.

3) Of course, you can buy a CY8CKIT-145(KitProg2), CY8CKIT-149(KitProg2) or CY3295(Touch Tuning Bridge ). They can support SPI bridge.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Brian,

1) Yes. KitProg can't support SPI bridge, but KitProg2 can. See the driver list:

BCP_Support.PNG

2) You can find KitProg2 driver's hex in some kits' install files, such as:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-145-40xx-psoc-4000s-capsense-pro...

Recommend to double-check if their hardware are compatible before the 'upgrade'.

Then you can program your KitProg with KitProg2 driver's hex through SWD interface(I guess an external debugger, for example MiniProg3 is required) and make it become KitProg2.

3) Of course, you can buy a CY8CKIT-145(KitProg2), CY8CKIT-149(KitProg2) or CY3295(Touch Tuning Bridge ). They can support SPI bridge.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for the information.  I have a few PSoC 5LP kits lying around. Maybe I'll see what happens if I "upgrade" the firmware from one of the KitProg2 kits you listed.  If that doesn't work then I'll buy one of those kits just so I have some SPI debugging functionality.

Again, thanks for the info.

-Brian

0 Likes