FX3 SPI COMPATIBILITY

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using spi flash for fx3 booting.earlier we were using M25P40VMN6TPB FLASH.This IC is obsulated now.so we are looking for spi flash that should be compatible to fx3 (other part number).I found that S25FS064S,S25FS128S,S25LFL064L are compatible to fx3.please verify this and tell me the correct part number.And also please tell me related commands(read,write,size) to these spi flash clearly.

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

Please go through the below link which speaks about the SPI Flash compatibility and the command set:

Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hemanth

Hello Geetha,

Please go through the below link which speaks about the SPI Flash compatibility and the command set:

Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

Hello hemanth,

in AN76405,they have given that " SPI flash/EEPROM devices from 1 Kb to 32 Mb in size are supported for boot ".but part number you suggested are supports more than 32Mb.please tell me can we use these part numbers for booting purpose,we are using cyusb3035-BZXI FX3S.

thank you.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

The supported SPI Flash size is till 128Mbit.

We will correct the statement made in the AN76405.

So you can go with the article pointed in the previous post.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth