FX2LP EEPROM WRITE PROTECTION

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

HELLO,

FX2LP is in c2 load booting with EEPROM.i wanted to control WP pin of eeprom from one of the gpio pin of fx2lp.how can i do this?

help me.

regards,

geetha.eeprom.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Geetha,

If the Write protect in your eeprom is logic high, connect the WP of eeprom to fx2lp's gpio and a pull up resistor.

If the Write protect in your eeprom is logic low, connect the WP of eeprom to fx2lp's gpio and a pull downresistor.

By this you can boot up. Only when you have to modify the contents of the EEPROM, you can make the fx2lp drive the gpio high or low to enable write.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Geetha,

If the Write protect in your eeprom is logic high, connect the WP of eeprom to fx2lp's gpio and a pull up resistor.

If the Write protect in your eeprom is logic low, connect the WP of eeprom to fx2lp's gpio and a pull downresistor.

By this you can boot up. Only when you have to modify the contents of the EEPROM, you can make the fx2lp drive the gpio high or low to enable write.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

Hi sir,

->eeprom write protect is logic low.we are connected WP pin to pulldown resistor.PD7 pin is connected to WP.

you can make the fx2lp drive the gpio high or low to enable write.

->But how can i make low or high?where should i place this code snippet in the firmware?

regards,

Geethanjali.

0 Likes

Hello Geethanjali,

Since you have mentioned that you are using GPIO PD7 pin for WP,

OED = 0x10;   // Enabling the pin for OUTPUT

// Use the below statement whenever the WP pin should be driven HIGH

IOD = 0x10;   // Drive the PD7 pin

Best regards,

Srinath S