FX3S RAID-ON-CHIP USB DONGLE not detecting on USB3.0 port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am working on USB3.0 SuperSpeed with FX3S RAID-ON-CHIP USB DONGLE, I have tried the example "USBBulkLoopAuto" given in the firmware but with this example the board is detected on the USB2.0 port only, It's not working on USB3.0 port.

Please suggest if i need to change something in code or in PC settings or anything else.

I am desperately want to see the >350 MBps speed..:p   

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shekhar,

Could you please make sure whether the second argument passed to CyU3PConnectState() API is CyTrue, which enables SS enumeration.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello rghe,

I have already done that. I'm using the example code of "USBBulkLoopAuto".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a bit on the late side in terms of a response, but I have had reasonable success with the MSC and RAID examples. Both worked reasonably well out of the box. You won't see 350MBps out of the FX3S (and probably just barely with a FX3) because of limitations on the external buses. However you'll definitely be able to do more than over USB2. I really wish the FX3S would support a 200MHz MMC/SD clock, or at least do 100 at DDR.

The Pactron board is not the best place to start for GPIF experimentation, because it only exposes a few pins to the outside. If that's what you are after, it'd be a good idea to look at some of the FX3 boards (though they will lack the SD/MMC interface).

Generic tips for making things work: (1) don't change the GPIF configuration; the startup libraries do a lot of poorly/undocumented limitation checks and don't seem to handle all conditions gracefully (perhaps due to bugs, or undocumented hardware limitations). (2) double check IO assignments as the FX3 demo boards are different from the Pactron FX3S.

As a general statement the Cypress FX3 SDK could use some better out-of-the box support for examples, and get rid of the old versions of Eclipse and GCC. Both are doable (I'm running Eclipse Oxygen and GCC 7.2), but a bit painful at first. Cypress should also publish a full register set for the FX3/FX3S (there seems to be a good number of undocumented ones). And finally, if they were to publish the full source for their libraries I could fix what appear to be bugs in their code (e.g. the MMU configuration seems to be a bit funky).

0 Likes