Question on WICED - debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiCa_296421
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello - I have successfully downloaded and ran the snip-scan then I changed my debugger and cant back out of it.  I get the following error - any help is appreciated and I am not looking for the exact answer as maybe pointing to where I can figure out where I am going wrong.  Thank you!

Note - running on windows w/no virtual machine.

Downloading Bootloader ...

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading Application ...

Resetting target

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

The error mostly comes due to incorrect driver installation. Please check your device manager window. It should look something like this

pastedImage_1.png

As you have mentioned that you were able to run snip.scan successfully but in debugger mode you are facing the issue. Some generic reasons for the same is sometimes already debugger process (arm-none-eabi-gdb) runs in background. Check your task manager for any such processes and kill those processes to launch the debugger. Additionally, you can follow Re: Debugging the BCM943362WCD4_EVB  to correctly configure the debugger. Please revert back on this thread if the issue persists.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

The error mostly comes due to incorrect driver installation. Please check your device manager window. It should look something like this

pastedImage_1.png

As you have mentioned that you were able to run snip.scan successfully but in debugger mode you are facing the issue. Some generic reasons for the same is sometimes already debugger process (arm-none-eabi-gdb) runs in background. Check your task manager for any such processes and kill those processes to launch the debugger. Additionally, you can follow Re: Debugging the BCM943362WCD4_EVB  to correctly configure the debugger. Please revert back on this thread if the issue persists.

Got it. Thank you!

Rick Cartier

775/297-6417

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this useful post, I will regularly follow blog

shell shockers