psink current and voltage set

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

we using we are using CYPD2122-24LQXI_notebook example code, we have Type C  Adapter with output 5v-3A,12V-3A,15V-3A,20V-3A, if device is attached in sink mode  how this different voltage and current set internally by CCG2 Device.

Thanks,

nagaraj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Nagaraj,

You are correct.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Nagaraj,

May I know what's role of CYPD2122? Since you said " if device is attached in sink mode." . May I understanding CYPD2122 is power source role? If yes, CYPD2122 is only need advertise SOURC_CAP on CC line and wait for the Request from the sink.

If CYPD2122 is sink role, CYPD2122 shall wait the SOURCE_CAP from the power source and then evaluate the voltage and power and sent out the request.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

Thanks reply, now i got clear idea, is it set_psrc_voltage,set_psnk_current,set_psrc_current() functions are called by the USB-PD/Type-C module after negotiation contract.

Thanks,

nagaraj

0 Likes

Hi Nagaraj,

You are correct.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

if we connect the Type C  Adapter and plug the to CCG2 device, we not getting any events like Type C Port Connect,Type C Port Disconnect from response from CCG2 device through I2C. 

1) when Type C  Adapter is plugged to CCG2 port then we try to read the TYPE_C_STATUS register, CCG2 Device responds with Port not connected to partner,Nothing attached to device .

2) we try to read the response register from EC CCG2 responds with Reset Complete in Events and Asynchronous Message code. 

Thanks,

Nagaraj

0 Likes

Hi Nagaraj,

The concerned topics are not suitable for discussing in the community here, please contact your local Cypress/Cypress distributor for your help.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes