Has anyone been able to program a PSoC 6 with a Miniprog3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I'm unable to program our PSoC 6 with a Miniprog3, I get either one of these errors:

- Warning: dbg.M0039: There was an error running port acquire: Cannot enter Test Mode of PSoC6 device: Cannot find available Access Ports with CPU access.

- Warning: dbg.M0039: There was an error running port acquire: Error getting Periph Id CoreSight registers: SWD respond packet contains Failed status!

When I tried programming the 062kit with the Miniprog3, it did not detect the PSoC 6. When I lowered the Miniprog3 voltage to 1.8V (from 3.3V), the 2 processors appeared, but it said "Unable to acquire target device [...] SWD error OK|WAIT|FAULT [...]" (see screenshot below).

miniprog3 062-BLE @ 1.8V error.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi

Please check the port setting of your creator, I can successfully program the kit with the following settings:

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi

Please check the port setting of your creator, I can successfully program the kit with the following settings:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi, I was able to program the 062kit using these parameters (with power cycle instead of reset).

It works at 1.8V and 2.5V, but not at 3.3V. Will the PSoC 6 run at 3.3V, or does it require a lower voltage?

0 Likes

Hi

There is a over voltage protection circuit on the kit board. This is to ensure that PSoC 6 MCU and other 3.3 V devices do not get damaged due to overvoltage.  The voltage from the mini-prog 3 may be a little higher than the protection voltage and the chip is powered off.

You can find it in the A.3.1 chapter.

http://www.cypress.com/file/390496/download

0 Likes

Ok, thank you.

0 Likes