Linux driver for CYBT 343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuGi_2890336
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

I'm creating an application in a single-board computer like Raspberry and I'm thinking to use the CYBT 343026 module.

Are there linux drivers for communicate with this module (via HCI on UART I suppose)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be present at multiple places in the forum. I will rewrite here. There is something called WICED HCI and default standard HCI. WICED HCI is a Cypress custom implementation of "HCI commands" over WICED UART(same as HCI UART). If you plan to use standard HCI commands, you will have to just download a patch (or an empty application) and then send HCI commands over HCI UART.

In order to use WICED HCI, refer to the HCI Control Protocol document and examples that start with 'hci_'. You will have to implement WICED HCI rx callbacks in your application.

For audio streaming, refer to the watch example. The audio is sent over HCI UART. However the default audio data path is the I2S. So, it would be easier to connect the Raspberry Pi over I2S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

CYBT-343026 support the BT HCI command and suppose you had an USB-to-UART dongle which had installed linux driver.

Connect the dongle's UART pin to CYBT-343026.

Set the CYBT-343026 to HCI mode: sflash had no image or download an image which only called wiced_transport_init( &transport_cfg );.

Open the UART port, set the baud rate and parameters.

Sending the HCI commands should work.

Regards

Jenson

Ok thank you very much for your suggestion. Are there already driver or library for HCI or I have to implement in my custom application, the HCI commands?

If I want to do audio streaming I can use only HCI or I have to use HCI (for command module) and connect I2S peripheral to rapsberry (and configure the I2S in module in correct way)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be present at multiple places in the forum. I will rewrite here. There is something called WICED HCI and default standard HCI. WICED HCI is a Cypress custom implementation of "HCI commands" over WICED UART(same as HCI UART). If you plan to use standard HCI commands, you will have to just download a patch (or an empty application) and then send HCI commands over HCI UART.

In order to use WICED HCI, refer to the HCI Control Protocol document and examples that start with 'hci_'. You will have to implement WICED HCI rx callbacks in your application.

For audio streaming, refer to the watch example. The audio is sent over HCI UART. However the default audio data path is the I2S. So, it would be easier to connect the Raspberry Pi over I2S.