UART control in CX3 UVC + CDC example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VlKh_2251656
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello.

I downloaded the example UVC+CDC (Cx3UvcOV5640_UVC_CDC).

This is a very good example

But there it is made through DMA. I don't control the UART transferring.

And the message from one COM-port is immediately sent to the second one.

I need to send a message through a virtual com-port when I click my button (for example, one byte).

Suggest, how to do it right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To implement this, I would advice you to refer two examples:

1) To implement the button press interrupt:

Please refer Gpioapp example code in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp"

2) To manually send your data to USB Serial port: You need to create a Manual Out DMA Channel between CPU (producer) and UART (consumer)

To create a manual out channel, please refer the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpmaninout code.

Regards,

-Madhu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To implement this, I would advice you to refer two examples:

1) To implement the button press interrupt:

Please refer Gpioapp example code in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp"

2) To manually send your data to USB Serial port: You need to create a Manual Out DMA Channel between CPU (producer) and UART (consumer)

To create a manual out channel, please refer the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpmaninout code.

Regards,

-Madhu

Many thanks!

0 Likes