i am using S29GL512T11TFIV10 to boot processor , but i am facing the issue that the data is written to the flash but not able to read from flash, and if the temp of the board increases it starts working.Can you help me with this.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am using S29GL512T11TFIV10 to boot processor , but i am facing the issue that  the data is written to the flash but not able to read from flash, and if the temperature of the board increases it starts working.Can you help me with this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
TakahiroK_16
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Can you verify if the AC timing specs are satisfied. Especially, you are using a part with VIO option which requires longer page access time (tPACC=25ns).

Thanks,

Takahiro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This could be caused by a bad solder connection / short. Check if you can alter the behave by stressing the board by bending, pressing on the chip with a finger or tool etc.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes we have done that but still the issue is same.

We have tried replacing the IC also but than also there is same issue.

0 Likes
TakahiroK_16
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Can you verify if the AC timing specs are satisfied. Especially, you are using a part with VIO option which requires longer page access time (tPACC=25ns).

Thanks,

Takahiro

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Now after long debugging we have verified that pulling the Chip select signal Low have no issue, the processor boots easily from the flash but if the Chip select is kept high and processor pulls it low then the processor is not able to boot from the flash at -5 degree C.

Also the same behavior comes sometimes at room temperature also.

Need urgent support for this, if possible can you please connect to local Phone support who can help us to debug the issue on priority,

0 Likes