phantom parts in topdesign

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoGr_3357391
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Using a CYBLE-214015-01 using PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641). I had removed a component, yet when I try to build the project, I get errors indicating that the part I removed is not properly connected to any nets. The part shows up nowhere except in the error messages, but clearly some bit of configuration still believes it's there.

I created a duplicate project and copied in the parts of the old design that are still there, and it builds OK. This doesn't sound like an efficient strategy moving forward, so how can I do a more complete cleanup of the project to make sure these phantom parts don't drive me even battier than I already am?

Thanks,
John

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoGr_3357391
Level 4
Level 4

There was no correct answer. I ended up entering a new schematic in PSoc, and it turned out OK.
Thanks to all respondents.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Close project and manually delete fitter file in main project folder (project_name.cyfit). Sometimes this helps.

/odissey1

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work.

I was able to build a schematic that worked, but I'm still a bit twitchy about the app. I created a new project, dropped in a copy of a 6-input ADC with 6 attached analog inputs. It did not build. Then I deleted the 6 connecting wires and rebuilt, getting 12 errors saying that the terminals were not connected. I then connected them again and the build worked. Then I added the digital components I need, and it still built.

I was hoping that I was just doing something wrong, but apparently that's not the case.

Thanks again,
John

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you are selecting the "Clean & Build" option instead of just the "Build" option, as the cleaning might catch any erroneous object ghost files causing the issue.

Also, keep in mind that the schematics can have multiple tabs/pages (at the bottom of the schematics) that allow for fitting more parts on separate pages. It could be an involvement there?

0 Likes

Good tips in general, but I have merely one page to the schematic, and Clean and Build is usually the only way to go. I think I'm just dealing with new-tool-itis. I haven't used these tools before and I am on the learning curve.

Thanks,
John

0 Likes

And now I'm kind of wedged. I saved the project to source control, checked it back out. I verified the pinout is as I wanted (I'm wedged there, too - the board is out for fab), and now it doesn't build:
Capture.PNG

There are implications that I could manually route the analog channels, but there's not a lot of detailed instruction. Searching for how-to as soon as I return from my mind-clearing walk.
Thanks
John

0 Likes

Thanks - checking it out...

0 Likes
JoGr_3357391
Level 4
Level 4

There was no correct answer. I ended up entering a new schematic in PSoc, and it turned out OK.
Thanks to all respondents.