What is available in Cypress Component Library per device/family/etc?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoGr_3357391
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

I'm new to the product line. In familiarizing myself with PSoC Creator, I've created a couple of dummy projects. One, using CYBLE-214015-01, I get cool stuff like Logic/Utility, debouncer, flip-flops, etc. Using the CYBLE-022001-00, I don't have nearly as many toys to play with.

Is this simply because the 022001 has fewer available functions and primitives, or do I have a configuration screwed up? The part in the design is the 002201, so I'm really hoping I just have a configuration problem. I don't want to leave that many toys on the table if I can help it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CYBLE-022001-00 is pretty limited in functions that it can do, so the drop in components/availability is expected

But the IDE should automatically show only available components for the chip you have selected. This reduces clutter and makes it easier to design for the chip you have. If you mouse over the resource monitor on the right-side of the IDE, it will show what hardware resources are available (UDB blocks, etc.) and will show how many/which ones you are currently using.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CYBLE-022001-00 is pretty limited in functions that it can do, so the drop in components/availability is expected

But the IDE should automatically show only available components for the chip you have selected. This reduces clutter and makes it easier to design for the chip you have. If you mouse over the resource monitor on the right-side of the IDE, it will show what hardware resources are available (UDB blocks, etc.) and will show how many/which ones you are currently using.

Thanks for verifying this. I thought I was correct, but I really try to avoid assuming that - 42 years of training by my wife...

Best,
John

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. A simple demonstration of this is to switch between two different chips and watch as the component library changes proportionally

0 Likes