CYW920719 and CYBT-423028: Not responding on HCI mode after reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to test HCI mode using CYBT-423028 module. The HCI reset command is correctly working and then I don't see any response from module against any HCI command.

It seems the default baud rate is 115200 as attached, I could get correct response against HCI reset from CYBT-423028

pastedImage_1.png

After HCI reset, I tried to read BD address, but no responding from CYBT-423028

pastedImage_2.png

If I change the baudrate to 3M for host side and sending read BD address command(01 03 0c 00), I can see 04 10 01 00 from CYBT-423028

pastedImage_3.png

This issue is same with CYW920719Q40EVB board if I press RESET switch(SW2) and then sending HCI reset.

Do you know how to solve the issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I mentioned CYW920719 is same behavior but it is automatically recovered after several HCI reset commands, so I had an issue with CYBT-423028.

I tried changing baudrate in the application start (I put toggling GPIO and verified application was running), HCI mode didn't work correctly without correct platform files. After using right platform files, then everything works fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The additional information

If I don't program any project on CYBT-423028 and assert /XRES before UART port opening, it could respond back correctly. After any project is programmed, CYBT-423028 doesn't work correctly and then never recovered to the initial stage.

CYW920719Q40EVB is still OK after programming any project until press SW2 after UART port opened.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 2 things here:

1) Pressing RESET after opening uart port puts the device into RECOVERY mode. Basically, CYW20719 enters Recovery mode is the CTS line is asserted during RESET.

Also note that in RECOVERY mode, only a set of HCI commands (necessary for download) are supported. Rest of the HCI commands won't receive a response.

2) When you download an application which contains the wiced_transport_init() API, then the HCI UART will be configured for that baud rate. Say your application configures the baud to 3M, then you can send HCI commands at 3M.

In your application, comment the wiced_transport_init. Now, the device will respond to commands sent at 115200 (which is the default).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response.

I tried to toggle a GPIO for checking application is running I don't see toggling IO using CYBT-423028.

But I can see CYW920719Q40EVB toggling GPIO With same firmware.

It seems CYBT-423028 is staying recovery mode or stuck in bootloader. My question is what can make this situation how to avoid it?

0 Likes

1. For CYBT-423028, we need to use the 423028's platform file for project development. Please refer to this link for the platform files:Platform Files for CYBT-423028-EVAL – KBA223637

Currently, the KBA forget to attached the platform file which will be fixed soon.

2. CYW920719Q40 should able to response to the RESET command if we set the corrected baud rate. As yssu​ mentioned the demo code usually use 3000000 as the default HCI UART baud rate. Or you can change the  HCI_UART_DEFAULT_BAUD to your desired baud rate.

Regards

Jenson

I mentioned CYW920719 is same behavior but it is automatically recovered after several HCI reset commands, so I had an issue with CYBT-423028.

I tried changing baudrate in the application start (I put toggling GPIO and verified application was running), HCI mode didn't work correctly without correct platform files. After using right platform files, then everything works fine.