CYBT-343026-EVAL: How prevent the module from transmitting anything over UART except for SPP DATA RX events?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

Everytime I send a data packet to my module via SPP, I see that it transmits a huge amount of WICED packets to the host.

In this case, the only bytes that are useful for the host are the ones corresponding to the data received via SPP.

Is there any way to prevent the module from transmitting any WICED packet that is not from the SPP group?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

wiced_bt_dev_register_hci_trace() API is used to register the HCI callback where you can send the data to the host.

wiced_transport_send_hci_trace() is the API used to send the data to the host.

When the callback is triggered, check the p_data field, it contains the opcode and the data. If the opcode matches HCI_CONTROL_GROUP_SPP, then use the wiced_transport_send_hci_trace() API to send data to host.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

wiced_bt_dev_register_hci_trace() API is used to register the HCI callback where you can send the data to the host.

wiced_transport_send_hci_trace() is the API used to send the data to the host.

When the callback is triggered, check the p_data field, it contains the opcode and the data. If the opcode matches HCI_CONTROL_GROUP_SPP, then use the wiced_transport_send_hci_trace() API to send data to host.