Impossible to load 'libclang.dll' inside Win 7 VM on Mac OS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DavideM
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi all,

I'm running PSOC Creator 4.2 on a Mac (OS version: 10.11.6) using a Windows 7 VM via Parallels. The problem I'm experiencing is that, whenever I am in a "code" window inside the PSOC Creator, I get the following message in the code explorer: "An error occurred while building the code outling for 'path\to\main.c'. Impossible to load the DLL 'libclang.dll'". For this reason, I cannot use any feature of the code explorer and the autocomplete function does not work. If I run PSOC Creator 3.1 inside the same VM, I do not get any message of that kind in the code explorer, and everything works as expected.

Thanks for your help,

Davide

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Davide,

I had the same issue, with the same testing environment.

I have solved the problem by downloading the Visual C++ redistributable ecc.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable per Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Here is the link.

Hope it will work also for you

Andrea

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Are you using PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641) and not the beta version of PSoC Creator4.2

0 Likes

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Is there a link to download the beta version of PSoC Creator 4.2?

Thanks,

Davide

0 Likes

I am not suggesting to install the beta version of Creator 4.2, wanted to know the  version of Creator4.2 in which you are  observing this issue.I suppose it is PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641) which is the latest released version of PSoC Creator available at this link:

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

0 Likes

Yes, the version I'm running is PSoC Creator 4.2 (4.2.0.641), latest release 02/16/2018.

0 Likes

Hi Davide,

I had the same issue, with the same testing environment.

I have solved the problem by downloading the Visual C++ redistributable ecc.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable per Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Here is the link.

Hope it will work also for you

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

thank you very much! Your suggestion definitely solved my issue.

0 Likes