CYBT-343026-01: Can a specific pairing code in a predefined area of non-volatile memory (internal flash)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I want to limit who can pair with my device to who I give the code to.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

mroberts_arrowuser_249199259

If you are referring to the 'passkey' as pairing code, then you have to monitor the BTM_PASSKEY_REQUEST_EVT event in the management callback. You can change the passkey that is passed to the wiced_bt_dev_pass_key_req_reply() API which should be called in the above mentioned callback.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

My apologies as my original question was not clear.

Is it possible to change the Bluetooth pairing code as the application needs to change it, or is it intended to be a fixed value?

I essentially need to be able to change the pairing code dynamically within the application. Dynamically means once or twice a day every day.  What I don’t want is a fixed pairing code that cannot be changed in the field

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mroberts_arrowuser_249199259

If you are referring to the 'passkey' as pairing code, then you have to monitor the BTM_PASSKEY_REQUEST_EVT event in the management callback. You can change the passkey that is passed to the wiced_bt_dev_pass_key_req_reply() API which should be called in the above mentioned callback.

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

For the first part of your question, is using a Whitelist the answer: Whitelist Example Project for CYW20706 & CYW20179