When should SR2[D8h_O] be written? At manufacturing of the chip, or at PCB assembly before ANYTHING is written/queried on the chip? Also did I break the chip by trying to write this after several write/bulk erase operations? The bottom of page 54 where th

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
1 Reply
ZhiF_31
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi,

It seems that you put your message on the title so it is too long to be displayed. The latter half is cut off so I only see couple questions.

1. SR2 is different between S25FL127S and S25FL128S. From looking at your questions, I think you are using S25FL127S.

2. Typically, you should program SR2[7] bit before any program or erase operation. Because this bit changes the sector size, if it is programmed afterwards, some memory locations may not be the same as before.

3. However, if you don't care about the previous data, you may erase all sectors again after you program this bit. The device should be ok. You did not break it.

If you have any more questions, please write them in the message body, not the title, so we can see your complete questions.

Thanks,

Zhi

0 Likes