"USB Video Class " MJPEG to YUY2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've changed "USBVideoClass" example from MJPEG to YUV(from subtype : VS_FORMAT_MJPEG to Subtype : uncompressed format)

The descriptors are originally configured to stream MJPEG images stored in "glUVCVidFrames[]" structure which in cyfxuvcvidframes.c.

I have modified ‘cyfxuvcdscr.c"。The device is successfully recognized by host but cannot begin streaming any data. In "MJPEG mode" it works correctly.

My video frames is not visible in AMCap. I have EZ-USB® FX3™ Development Kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) connected to USB 2.0.

I don't have cammer.Could you help me? Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Since the project has frame data that is in MJPEG format, and the descriptor says that the device supports YUY2 format.

This is the reasong for not streaming the data.

In order to show the video, the frame data should be in YUY2 format.

The SDK provides a firmware that eneumerate as USB Video Class device and streams YUY2 format.

Please check it if you are looking for similar example project C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\fx2g2_examples\cyfx2_uvcdemo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Since the project has frame data that is in MJPEG format, and the descriptor says that the device supports YUY2 format.

This is the reasong for not streaming the data.

In order to show the video, the frame data should be in YUY2 format.

The SDK provides a firmware that eneumerate as USB Video Class device and streams YUY2 format.

Please check it if you are looking for similar example project C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\fx2g2_examples\cyfx2_uvcdemo

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thank you very much!I think i can do the next work!

Regards

yuming!

0 Likes