PsoC 4 BLE pairing with CySmartApp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to connect my BLE peripheral (PSoC4 BLE) device with an Android-App using pairing/bonding features.

The app for testing at the android sideis the CySmart-App.

The security settings in the peripheral device are the followings:

Security mode:            Mode1

Securitylevel:              Authenticated pairing with encryption

Strict pairing:               Yes

I/O cap.:                      Display

Bondinmg req.:           Bonding

Encryption Key size:   16

When I used the CySmart-App running on an Lenovo Tablet (TB3-710F) with Android 5.01 or

on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0 all works fine incl. pairing and bonding.

If I’m running the CySmart App on anNokia8-Phone with Android 8 the pairing procedure doesn’t work.

In this case is it possible to enter the passkey at the CySmart-App on the Nokia-Phone but the device will not pair.

No error code reported.  If I break up the App at the Nokia, the connection  to the peripheral
will still remain (the peripheral device is not advertising) until I switch off the Bluetooth at the Nokia-Phone and switch it on again. Then the connection
breaks.

Are there any known issues for such a behavior of the CySmart-App when it runs under Android 8?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different android versions handle the BLE operation differently, and as such ther version of the android on the phone can have a large impact on it's viability. See this thread on similar issues for older versions: Some problems with the CySmart android application.

Quite possibly the app doesn't support android 8 yet

0 Likes