Memory : MULTI_APP_WIFI_FIRMWARE in 6.1 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm currently working with a project updated with 6.1 version of WICED and I have an old problem of memory :

Module WICED 5.2 :

pastedImage_1.png

And now with version 6.1 I have this result :

pastedImage_2.png

To resolve problem of resource size I tried this method but wifi functions don't work : additional modules occupies lot of memory space after an upgrade

Can some one help me out to understand how to fix this problem ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can follow CRC32 by hardware peripheral in STM32 , Disable DHCP_Server module, or exclude from build? threads to free some memory. If you are not using enterprise security, DTLS in your application, you can use WICED_CONFIG_DISABLE_ENTERPRISE_SECURITY

WICED_CONFIG_DISABLE_DTLS macros to reduce some memory space. There has been some updates in the firmware, hence you are seeing this increase in resource size. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RaktimR_11

Could you please tell what platform are you using? Please provide the screenshot of console log and let us know what are the additional modules you are seeing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a personal platform similar to BCM9443340WCD1 platform.

I do not add more additional modules , previously to remove place took by "resource" part I used this line in my makefile.

MULTI_APP_WIFI_FIRMWARE := resources/firmware/$(WLAN_CHIP)/$(WLAN_CHIP)$(WLAN_CHIP_REVISION)$(WLAN_CHIP_BIN_TYPE).bin

but today it doesn't work with 6.1 version of WICED.

I've just upgrade the version of WICED for my program (5.2-->6.1).

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

jerome_2594171 wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a project updated with 6.1 version of WICED and I have an old problem of memory :

Module WICED 5.2 :

pastedImage_1.png

crypto_open is used in WICED-5.1 or older sdks.

I think this is not WICED-5.2.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this screenshoot was performed with 5.1 version (I have similar result with 5.2 version) but my main problem is the same.

Sorry for this mistakes.

I think I found similar issue, am I wrong  ? :

WICED Studio 5.2.0 has been released....(CLM download feature breaks compatibility) 

0 Likes

jerome_2594171 wrote:

I think I found similar issue, am I wrong  ? :

WICED Studio 5.2.0 has been released....(CLM download feature breaks compatibility) 

No, you are lucky because 43340 does not has a separated clm blob file.

So your issue is nothing to do with the mentioned link.

RaktimR_11

You can follow CRC32 by hardware peripheral in STM32 , Disable DHCP_Server module, or exclude from build? threads to free some memory. If you are not using enterprise security, DTLS in your application, you can use WICED_CONFIG_DISABLE_ENTERPRISE_SECURITY

WICED_CONFIG_DISABLE_DTLS macros to reduce some memory space. There has been some updates in the firmware, hence you are seeing this increase in resource size. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you that's help me a lot !

0 Likes