sflash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
deda_294911
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

hi every body,

sflash(512 bytes) of CY8C4245AXI-483 is user programmable or not?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Deepak,

PSoC 4200 family device does not have user programmable sflash area. 4200M and 4200L devices have it, that is why it is possible in those devices

Best Regards,

VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sFlash is programmable by both an external programmer and the code running on the chip. The sFlash is supervisory flash that is persistent across device programming/reflashing.

0 Likes

i mean that is it possible to program the sFlash the same way emulated eeprom can gets modified while program is running.

like commands

status = Em_EEPROM_Write(array,eepromArray,no of bytes);

wrBuf[no of bytes] = *(volatile uint8 *) &eepromArray[no of bytes];

i wish to protect the entire flash.(with ref. to our previous discussion regarding flash gets erased while power is toggling)

we have tried the program on CY8C4245AXI-483 of sFlash it does not work? but on Cy8c4146axi-s433 it works.

CY8C4246AXI-M455, CY8C4246AZI-L445 it works.

0 Likes
0 Likes

we have tried the program on CY8C4245AXI-483 of sFlash it does not work?

on ble , Cy8c4146axi-s433, CY8C4246AXI-M455, CY8C4246AZI-L445 it is working.

CY8C4245AXI-483 is having user config. sFlash yes or no? please help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading the datasheet, it appears to not have sFlash, but has something called SROM (mentioned only once). If the example project is not working on it, then I would suspect the SROM is reference to something fundamentally different from the sflash, but similar in purpose and operation.

0 Likes

Please mention about the error that you are getting while programming SFLASH of CY8C4245AXI-483.If possible provide us with the project in order to reproduce the issue.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Deepak,

PSoC 4200 family device does not have user programmable sflash area. 4200M and 4200L devices have it, that is why it is possible in those devices

Best Regards,

VSRS

0 Likes

thank you,

0 Likes
AlanH_86
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

I had forgotten about the user rows in the sflash...  other than in the system reference guide is the existence of sflash documented anywhere?

I was reading the PSoC4200M data sheet and I see that there is no mention of sflash

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, there is documentation of it working/existing on the web PSoC-4-BLE/WriteUserSFlash.c at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

Otherwise, I couldn't find references in the official documentation either. (Note: I have tested with the CYBLE-022001-00 module and it DOES have sflash on it).

0 Likes