"Build error: device.h: No such file or directory" for PSOC-5 with emFile

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using PSOC-5 with the 059 Kit with PSOC creator 4.2 and trying to interface it with a SD card via the emFile application. I have linked all the libraries as per the emFile datasheet and copied the code from the example (removed the LCD part). However, I get the following errors:-

Build error: device.h: No such file or directory

Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

The workspace and project bundle are attached with this post.

I read on the forum that the arm_gcc.exe issue can be caused by a faulty installation so I uninstalled PSOC creator - restarted PC - then downloaded the file from the website and installed it again and restarted the PC again. Nothing changed.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. 

Note:- the workspace is the Blinking LED file (as I modified the Blinking LED example project) and the Project is the FATFS file.

Thanks in Advance,

Sujoy.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry My bad. The system works. I had done dumb things like adding FS_OS files while going for No_OS build and even worse adding the emFile component to the wrong project. I will post the bundle here later for anyone who wants a quick and dirty SD card - PSOC 5 installation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you change the <device.h> to <project.h> and try building the project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry My bad. The system works. I had done dumb things like adding FS_OS files while going for No_OS build and even worse adding the emFile component to the wrong project. I will post the bundle here later for anyone who wants a quick and dirty SD card - PSOC 5 installation.

0 Likes