Error in blinking led code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
psoc_3295286
Level 4
Level 4
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hello.

I have purchased cy8ckit49 42xx and tried to load a blinking led code, but while debugging, I keep getting error.

M0033: error: The instance 'Bootloadable', of component Bootloadable_v1_30, contains an error. Unable to locate and customize component 'Bootloadable_v1_30' used in schematic.

I saw a thread in which it is mentioned that the psoc creator should be reinstalled but that also didn't work for me.

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
psoc_3295286
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all.

The problem has been solved. May be disabling and reenabling the usb driver software did the trick.

Thanks a lot for your continuous help and support,

e.pratt_1639216,

jobi,

bob marlowe.

Now I need to use capsense and interface rc5 with controller.

Will post it again in a different thread if any issue faced  .

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your kit does not allow for debugging except you have got and connected a Kitprog or a Miniprog3.

Seems as if the error comes from a wrong setting to the bootloader .hex and .elf files. Please check that.

To program your blinking led code into the PSoC you will need to use the "Bootloader Host" from "Tools" menu.

Bob

Hello Sir.

I watched the video on cypress site about led blinking and tried to replicate it.

But when I select 'build bootloadable blinking led...', the error which I mentioned above appears.

So the file required to be placed in bootloadable host for program (.cyacd) is not generated.

How to get rid of it?

Thank you.

0 Likes

I wrote: Seems as if the error comes from a wrong setting to the bootloader .hex and .elf files

Better check that in the bootloadable component.

You may create a workspace bundle in Creator, please upload that.

Which version of Creator are you using?

Bob

I am using psoc creator 4.2

Sir I am not able to understand what do you mean by workspace bundle?

I have used SCB_Bootloader.cywrk from the kit package downloaded from cypress site.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

You might need to update the component. Since the project downloaded is having old component v1_30, which is not available in PSoC Creator 4.2 by default.

Go to Project -> Update Components

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Jobin GT

Ok. Thank you.

I will try it and will get back to you.

Regards.

0 Likes

Sir, what you suggested has worked and building process contains no error. Thank you.

However, as a next step, now when I try to program with generated .cyacd file, it shows a message 'cybootloadable host has stopped working'.

Again seeking guidance.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That error indicates that the device you are using to program stopped working, the device you are trying to program stopped responding (crashed, stuck, etc), or the upload for the new program got stuck/crashed/failed in some way.

Yes, but is there some way to overcome this problem?

The error is 'cybootloaderhost has stopped working'(I had posted cybootloadablehost instead of cybootloaderhost by mistake, though you people might have easily noticed the mistake).

Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Buch, but I don't know much about the OTA bootloading besides the documents listed online for implementing it (I haven't tested or tried to do OTA bootloading due to flash space constraints).

Perhaps these threads might help?:

bootloader host not working

OTA Firmware Update Fails with Bootloader Host Tool and CySmart Dongle - KBA212959

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/26637/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project085-uart-boot...

God bless

Ok. No problem Sir.

I will go through the threads and will get back to you.

Thank you.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you please confirm the Bootloader HEX and ELF used for your bootloadable components are from this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-049-42xx\1.0\Firmware\SCB_Bootloader\UART_Bootloader.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug

Please post your bootloader host window snapshot, when you are trying to bootload and when the error message is showing up.

Thanks

Jobin GT

Hello Sir,

I have used following path as per the video of led blinking on cypress :

C:\Users\MyPC\Desktop\SCB_Bootloader\SCB_Bootloader\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cyacd

I have used only .cyacd file.

Also, I have set bootloadable blinking led as active project as per the video.

So Is there any mistake in the points I have mentioned above?

The screenshot is attached here.

Thank you.message.jpg

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It seems you haven't pressed the SW1 button while connecting the kit to the USB.

USB Serial Port should have enumerated in Bootloader Host

pastedImage_1.png

Please follow the kit guide.

http://www.cypress.com/file/141306/download

"10.Connect the CY8CKIT-049-4xxx prototyping board to the PC. When connecting the kit to the port, press the SW1 button as it is plugged in. You will notice that the blue LED begins to blink rapidly; this indicates that the PSoC 4 is in 'Bootloader Mode' and is ready to be loaded with the latest firmware. This must be done each time you bootload the PSoC 4."

Follow all the steps, let us know if there is any difference in observation.

3.3 Programming a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx Project Using the Bootloader

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes

Sir I have plugged in with sw1 pressed to connect psoc4 in bootloader mode.

Though, as you pointed out, I don't have the any usb port listed, which was not the case in my earlier attempts I think.

So does it mean that the driver is not successfully installed?

I have checked from Device Manager that every usb driver is up to date.

What should be done?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are not seeing the "rapid flashing BLUE LED", then it is not in bootloader mode; Otherwise, you might need to change the windows OS to use the correct driver to communicate with the device.

Sir I am seeing the rapid flashing led (compared to the flashing rate when I insert it without pressing sw1), so may be the issue is related to OS as you said.

I will try it with another OS (windows 7 instead of 10) and then will update here with result.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing windows to use the correct driver similar to this article: How to Force Windows to Use Different Drivers | Chron.com

Might be all you need

psoc_3295286
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all.

The problem has been solved. May be disabling and reenabling the usb driver software did the trick.

Thanks a lot for your continuous help and support,

e.pratt_1639216,

jobi,

bob marlowe.

Now I need to use capsense and interface rc5 with controller.

Will post it again in a different thread if any issue faced  .

Thanks again.