fx3s booting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hi,

in my fx3 hardware,i am doing spi flash booting,

PMODE[2:0] is set to 0z1 and if i load .img file to spi flash in the control center,its showing spi flash programming succedded,but its not showing enpoints associated with the firmware.how can i solve this?

let me know the solution?thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please try the below example firmware and perform the read/write/erase operations on the SPI Flash.

And confirm whether you are able read the data that you write.

Load this FW via RAM programming

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspidmamode

This application is used to read / write /erase the SPI flash devices from Control Center.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Geetha,

After the firmware image is loaded into the SPI flash, the device has to be reset to boot from the flash.

Best regards,

Srinath S

how to reset ?in my custom hardware,reset pin is coonected to fpga.

please let me know.

thank you

0 Likes

Hi,

Keeping  PMODE[2:0]  lines at 0Z1, remove and again connect  power supply to FX3. Now this time it will boot from SPI Flash.

Thanks

Abhinav

thank you,

in my custom hardware,it is set 0z1 spi booting,its not booting from SPI flash.and fx3 is bus powered.help me.

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please share your schematic?

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Hello,

this is the schematic attached.

regards

geethanjali.boot1sche.bmpBOOTSCHE.bmp

0 Likes

Hi,

Please try the below example firmware and perform the read/write/erase operations on the SPI Flash.

And confirm whether you are able read the data that you write.

Load this FW via RAM programming

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspidmamode

This application is used to read / write /erase the SPI flash devices from Control Center.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes