How to handle DM/DP pins if USB 2.0 is not used for CYUSB3014

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lechc_282591
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I use CYUSB3014 to tranfer data to pc with USB3.0 protocol in our data processor unit. Recently i am updating this unit and realize that the DM (pin A10) and DP (pin A9) are also conntected to the USB 3.0 port. I confirm that if those two pins are floating (without connection to USB 3.0 port), our data processor unit works fine.

My question is how to deal with DM (pin A10) and DP (pin A9) of CYUSB3014 if USB 2.0 protocol is not applied. Should they be floating, pull-up to Vbus or pull-down to GND? What is the disadvantage if those two pins is not used?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi,

You could leave these two pins floating if you don't plan to use them. However, if you do that, FX3 will just one way to enumerate(USB3.0).

If any condition which leads to the failure to enumerate as USB3.0, it could not work at USB2.0.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi,

You could leave these two pins floating if you don't plan to use them. However, if you do that, FX3 will just one way to enumerate(USB3.0).

If any condition which leads to the failure to enumerate as USB3.0, it could not work at USB2.0.

0 Likes