Bootloader possible bug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a CAN based Bootloader and I managed to flash a PSOC5 board with specific code. It works as expected until I disconnect the power supply. Then the bootload process remains in the WAIT_Forever state even though I set the Bootloader component to wait for command a specific time (5 seconds).

I think my problem is related with this thread Serious bug in bootloader component.  Is there a workaround? I tried to add CySetTemp() in bootloader project before CyBtldr_Start() and it does not works.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Issue might be due to the custom Bootloader functions which are being used.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of Bootloader component?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I`m using PSOC Creator 4.1 with the Bootloader Component v1.50. Here is the attached bootloader project.

0 Likes

Can you try with PSoc Creator 4.2 and the latest version of Bootloader 1.6.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dima,

Thanks for your reply. I updated my projects with Psoc 4.2 and bootloader respectively bootloadable to v1.60 but unfortunately it still does not work. The Bootload process completes, application is working after bootload complete, and after reboot again remains in the wait forever loop... I don`t know how to get around this

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other ideas?

0 Likes

Issue might be due to the custom Bootloader functions which are being used.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes