S29AL016J Code download issues,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team I am using S29AL016J for my project and I have problems downloading the code into it, I have created a Flash Algo but everytime it give a Flash time out error,Could you please help me out in this.

Could you share any algo you have for reference.

I am attaching my algo.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Since you can read the correct ID, the connection between the host and flash is OK.

Do you have any observations about other two questions below?

2) When you said "a Flash time out error", does it mean DQ5=1 in the Polling() function or an external timer determines timeout?

3) Which function(s) in your FlashPrg.c results in the error, EraseChip, EraseSector, and/or ProgramPage?

Best Regards,

Takahiro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
TakahiroK_16
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hello,

Let me ask some questions below.

1) Did you try the Autoselect commands and get expected Manufacturer/Device ID?

2) When you said "a Flash time out error", does it mean DQ5=1 in the Polling() function or an external timer determines timeout?

3) Which function(s) in your FlashPrg.c results in the error, EraseChip, EraseSector, and/or ProgramPage?

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks a lot for the support and sorry for the delay response, as I was debugging the Hardware.

I was able to read the chip ID as per the data sheet

and it reads the Manufacture ID : 01

Device Id : 2249   ( Bottom Boot and in Word mode)

But still I am not able to dump code into the chip.

Could you help me out for the same.

0 Likes

Hello,

Since you can read the correct ID, the connection between the host and flash is OK.

Do you have any observations about other two questions below?

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Likes