Set up kit to measure sleep mode currents. Used several projects found
to do this. Tried AN86233, Element14 project 95, and CE95322 ap note. Running
I get ~ 5.5 mA, any sleep mode 4.4 mA. All 3 ap notes.
1) Tried different DMMs, same result. Removed jumper for chip Vdd and inserted ammeter there
2) Checked clocks, project, pins, all good
3) Updated project components
4) Using USB power, 5V, no other loads connected to board, LED goes off indicating in sleep mode
5) Observed this caveat Reducing the Deep-Sleep Current for PSoC® 4 Devices – KBA90930
Note that should be called out in project, Cypress should definitely update these ap notes and
projects for this.
I consistently cannot get to sleep like currents, bad chip (but all other indications its good) ?
The pin connected between psoc4 and the psoc5lp have some leakage on kit042. If you want to measure the sleep current of psoc4, you may need to use a socket or design your own board to do that.