Using SPI with CY7C65215A on WEC7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am looking for a way to interface to SPI MRAM through USB with the CY7C65215A bridge.

It is unclear to me whether drivers are available to do this on windows embedded compact 7 (WEC7).

It lists WEC as supported in the datasheet, but it seems only drivers for UART CDC are available.

Can you clarify whether connecting to SPI MRAM is possible on WEC7?

best regards,

Tom

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Tom,

The Cypress vendor class driver (cyusb3.sys) is not available for WEC7 hence SPI communication won't be possible.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello Tom,

The Cypress vendor class driver (cyusb3.sys) is not available for WEC7 hence SPI communication won't be possible.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sananya,

I already found the Cypress vendor class driver is not available for WEC7.

My question is whether standard WEC7 CDC class driver (virtual COM) is also supported in I2C/SPI mode or only UART.

Table 1 of the datasheet lists support for virtual COM for UART/I2C/SPI, but is unclear about WEC7 support.

CY7C65215A.png

best regards,

Tom

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello Tom,

Yes, you can use CDC class driver for SPI mode. I hope you could build the driver properly and use.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sananya,

This week we have been trying to verify the drivers and the SPI Flash with the Cypress USBS236 USB development kit.

Out of the box the Serial configuration Utility works fine and we can connect to the device to do configurations.

When we replace the CY7C65215 IC with the CY7C65215A version, we cannot connect to the device with the configuration utility.

The device is detected correctly but we cannot connect to the device with the utility. (see pictures below)

We also tried this on two seperate devices to make sure the ic/board was not damaged during rework.

The Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility 1.0 does not mention any A release version of the chips, so i think the problem is in the software.

We have found documentation online of a newer version "Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility 2.0" which does list the A version chips. However i cannot find a location to download the tool on the cypress site.

Can you check how to get version 2 of the USB-Serial Configuration Utility?

cypress_CY7C65215A_MFG.png

cypress_serial_configuration_CY7C65215A.png

cypress_serial_configuration_CY7C65215A_error.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sananya,

I already found the solution, we needed to install SDK version2.

The Cypress update manager did not automatically install the latest SDK version. (which i expected)

We can connect to the device now, so we can continue prototyping.

I have one additional question regarding WEC7 drivers. Is it possible to read the Cap-sense buttons in WEC7? or is this not supported.

best regards,

Tom

0 Likes