Export/dump flash hex file from PSOC5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have a device based around a CY8C5667LTI-LP009 whose firmware includes a bootloader and my custom application code/firmware (loaded onto it using the cybootloaderhost via USB).

Id like to be able to take a "dump" of the PSOC's firmware (bootloader and app code combined) so I can send it to a fab house I'm working with who will then flash my next batch of PSOC's before shipping, saving me hours of work!

Is it possible to export a hex file that contains the flash contents of a PSOC? And if so can that be flashed onto a clean PSOC that will mimic the functionality of the original?

I have used the "Read" function of PSOC Programmer 3.23.1 but not sure if the output produced is what I'm looking for.

Many thanks!

Charlie

0 Likes
1 Solution
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

I believe the hex file output by the "Read" function in PSoC programmer should be exactly what you are looking for.

You could also use the hex file output from PSoC creator.  It should have both the Application and Bootloader present on it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

I believe the hex file output by the "Read" function in PSoC programmer should be exactly what you are looking for.

You could also use the hex file output from PSoC creator.  It should have both the Application and Bootloader present on it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! I really should have confirmed this before asking the question but thank you for your response.

0 Likes