PSoC 6 with Groove GSR and Bridge Control Panel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I am really new with MCUs and especially with PSoC 6. I have a Groove GSR sensor and Cypress PSoC 6 BLE kit and i need to connect them and plot the data chart with Bridge Control Panel (or something similiar).

According to this Arduino manual (Grove - GSR Sensor - Seeed Wiki) I have connected my GSR sensor WITHOUT base shield,  straight to the PSoC 6 like this site said.

GNDBlack
5VRed
NCWhite
A0Yellow

Now i just have not a single idea how to continue and how to code such a simple device to work. Should i use UART?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.JPG

Well here is with correct bps, so it is working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

It seems like the Grove Sensor gives Analog data. For plotting the data in Bridge Control Panel, you will need to create a project which takes the analog data (using ADC) and send that over UART/I2C.

For sending the data over UART  and plotting on Bridge Control Panel you can have a look at the MPU6050 PSoC6 Interface - Hackster.io , project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast answer!

I'll check out the hackster.io project if i get something out of this thing.

-Osku

0 Likes

Hi Hima,

I tried to transfer my data with your code to bridge control panel that i look at the MPU6050 PSoC6 Interface - Hackster.io , project. However, nothing seems to be happening at the BCP, no movement in the graph tab or in the table. I tried to put in the exact UART code in my main.c.

Is there any special settings I need to do to transfer the data?

Thanks, I'll look forward to your response!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I had a hard time to work with this, because hackster project gave me only tons of errors, so i wanted to try something easier and just print out the voltages read from GSR to teraterm with uart.

I had not a single idea how to get this work, but im not sure if this is right at all?

I read a lot of sample projects and managed to create ADC component and UART component.

Then i managed to do this:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

UART bps is 115200 so i changed TeraTerm port to the same bps.

Everything builds and works just fine, but nothing happens in TeraTerm.

I have no idea where is the problem, because i get 0 errors and everything seems to work.

0 Likes

Have you selected the right UART Pins? Can you check if the Creator Code example for UART is working fine.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well yes i tried UART_prinf and it seems to work.

tera.JPG

I have actually not a single idea what pins i should even put in UART.

It looks like this now in my gsr project:

uart.JPG

I have only connected these to my board besides usb:
Black = NC
Red = 3.3V
White = GND

Yellow = A0 (10.2)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.JPG

Well here is with correct bps, so it is working.

0 Likes