How to use simultaneous connections?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read [AN210781_Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity].

In this document, I saw " BLESS supports up to four simultaneous connections" in C.3.4.

I know that BLE have Broadcaster, Observer, Peripheral and Central modes in GAP

(Broadcaster-Observer supports 1:n communication, Peripheral-Central supports 1:1 communication)

Also, Peripheral-Central can not be connected as 1:N communication because advertising state is close when connection state is used.

But, About the above, I thought that "Can I use 1:N Peripheral-Central mode through BLESS?".

If you have answer or some information, Give me a help....

0 Likes
1 Solution
VaisakhK_66
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked

Hi,

PSoC 6 BLE supports upto 4 simultaneous connection in any valid combination of Master and slave, say as a Master to one peer device and as slaves to three peer devices or as slave to 4 peer devices.

You can refer to the Multi-Slave Multi-Master examples from the following links:

1. CE222004 - PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Multi- Master Multi-Slave: SSSS Function

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce222004-psoc-6-mcu-ble-multi-master-multi-slave-...

2. CE215118 - BLE Multi-Master Single Slave with PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity

Let me know if you have any further queries about the Multi-Slave Multi-Master examples.

Thanks,

Vaisakh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

SungGyu,

Yes, you can use 1:N Peripheral-Central mode through BLESS, where N is up to 4 since BLESS supports up to four simultaneous connections. If the peripheral device is already connected, you can start advertising again for a new connection. Within 4 simultaneous connection, you can implement any combination of central and slave roles.

VaisakhK_66
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked

Hi,

PSoC 6 BLE supports upto 4 simultaneous connection in any valid combination of Master and slave, say as a Master to one peer device and as slaves to three peer devices or as slave to 4 peer devices.

You can refer to the Multi-Slave Multi-Master examples from the following links:

1. CE222004 - PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Multi- Master Multi-Slave: SSSS Function

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce222004-psoc-6-mcu-ble-multi-master-multi-slave-...

2. CE215118 - BLE Multi-Master Single Slave with PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity

Let me know if you have any further queries about the Multi-Slave Multi-Master examples.

Thanks,

Vaisakh