Timer wakeup from Sleep mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using BCM902732_BLE_KIT and WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0.

My application requires SLEEP mode and wake up by timer every 5s.

Flowing blog about sleep modes: Sleep Deep_Sleep Explanation and Techniques

I tried with DEEP SLEEP and it works with changing configuration of devLpmConfig.wakeFromHidoffInMs to time duration. But in Sleep mode it does not work.

My questions are:

- What is the function make processor to SLEEP mode?

- What function to wake-up after a periods time?

Any comment is appreciate.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'm afraid we do not have such a manual to program the ARM core. manhnguyen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Code which shows how to enter deep sleep: Re: BCM20736S Sleep Example Firmware

and here: Questions sleep and deep sleep modes on BCM20737

Example when waking from deep sleep using an external crystal: Source Code: deep sleep enablement and the associated clock source handling...

and more here: Go beyond the recommended deep sleep time range with internal Clock

Code which shows how to verify HIDOFF was entered: How to enter HIDOFF? How to detect if the request is not honored?

Latency considerations related to deep sleep: Wake up time from sleep/deep sleep

P0/Key Scan issue and waking from sleep unintentionally: Wakeup from deep sleep for unknown reasons...fixed in SDK 2.2

This is one of the most discussed topics on the forum, so if you go here: WICED Smart Forums

Then scroll down the page a little, you will see a list of categories.  The category for sleep has the best threads on this subject categorized.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank your reply, but my concern is SLEEP mode NOT Deep Sleep! It is because of Deep sleep take a lot of time to boot at wake-up (about 1s). SLEEP mode can resolve this problem and my device will us less energy in case of 5s advertise period.

0 Likes

Any chance you might want to move to 20736 and take advantage of the latest SDK 2.2.1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I cannot change to 20736 and SDK 2.2.1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Manh,

1.  There is no way to force the device to sleep for any amount of time.

2.  If the goal is to sleep for 5s, then this is possible if all RF and timers are turned off, and then set an app timer for 5s.

3.  SDK 1.x does not provide an API for the 20732 to do this.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much JT. However, is there have any workaround? Can we implement it by make modification SDK 1.1 library or additional function. Do you have document to program the ARM cortex inside?

0 Likes

I'm afraid we have limited literature in SDK1.1. Most if not all have move on to new chips and SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we directly program for the ARM cortex core inside?

Do you have any document for that purpose?

If there is any reference manual for ARM core inside, we can implement our own function to do the sleep task.

Regards,

Manh

0 Likes

I'm afraid we do not have such a manual to program the ARM core. manhnguyen

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

I am using BCM920706 with SDK 1.0.1

just like him (manhnguyen), I am trying to force the device to sleep for 5 second or more, but I dont sense any callback from the stack. I am not using any application timers. Still my callbacks are not executed, although I have registered my callback, as follows:

//registered my callback to enter into sleep

devlpm_registerForLowPowerQueries(my_tosleep_cback, 0);

Also, I tried this below:

wiced_power_save_register_approve_cback(my_approve_sleep);

please help.

0 Likes

Please create a new thread.

0 Likes