CY8C4245axi-483

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
psoc_3295286
Level 4
Level 4
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hello. I am new to psoc4. I want to use CY8C4245axi-483 for switching project. But I am not sure whether to use psoc creator or keil as IDE.

Also, what is difference between CY8Ckit - 043 and PEMicro debugger and which should be used.

Please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hello and welcome to the community.

I would definitely recommend a PSoC Creator. It features graphical tools that will help you set all the components. Although there is a Peripheral Driver Library that can be used with other IDEs, PSoC Creator will provide the best experience (at least for the start, before you notice any limitations specific to your needs).

You mention CY8CKIT-043 PSoC® 4 M-Series Prototyping Kit , and this kit features a separable KitProg programmer, but a different PSoC, 4M series CY8C4247AZI-M485 . The CY8C4245AXI-483 is just a 4 series chip. Here is a development kit for it: PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx Prototyping Kits . If you wanted to order this kit, make sure you buy the 4200 version (there is also a 4100 with a cheaper and less capable chip) - the price is the same. However, this cheaper kit comes without a hardware programmer and needs to be programmed with a bootloader (which is fortunately preprogrammed from the factory).

If you are low on budget, buy both kits, separate the programmer and use it for both kits. A full featured programmer and debugger is MiniProg3: CY8CKIT-002 PSoC® MiniProg3 Program and Debug Kit

I would also recommend starting with an PSoC 101 video series by Alan Hawse. It shows the basic capabilities in short thematically focused videos.

PSoC 101: Introduction to PSoC 101

David

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hello and welcome to the community.

I would definitely recommend a PSoC Creator. It features graphical tools that will help you set all the components. Although there is a Peripheral Driver Library that can be used with other IDEs, PSoC Creator will provide the best experience (at least for the start, before you notice any limitations specific to your needs).

You mention CY8CKIT-043 PSoC® 4 M-Series Prototyping Kit , and this kit features a separable KitProg programmer, but a different PSoC, 4M series CY8C4247AZI-M485 . The CY8C4245AXI-483 is just a 4 series chip. Here is a development kit for it: PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx Prototyping Kits . If you wanted to order this kit, make sure you buy the 4200 version (there is also a 4100 with a cheaper and less capable chip) - the price is the same. However, this cheaper kit comes without a hardware programmer and needs to be programmed with a bootloader (which is fortunately preprogrammed from the factory).

If you are low on budget, buy both kits, separate the programmer and use it for both kits. A full featured programmer and debugger is MiniProg3: CY8CKIT-002 PSoC® MiniProg3 Program and Debug Kit

I would also recommend starting with an PSoC 101 video series by Alan Hawse. It shows the basic capabilities in short thematically focused videos.

PSoC 101: Introduction to PSoC 101

David

In the reply above, I pointed you towards the video series for PSoC 4M series, but here is link for a few videos with the $4 CYCKIT-049: http://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC-Software/psoc-creator-101-cy8ckit-049-prototyping-kit-new-...

You will get an idea of how the bootloader works.

David

psoc_3295286
Level 4
Level 4
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hello. I need to interface rc5 with cy8c4245axi-483.

But I am not sure whether it is done through programming, or there is some library that we need to add.

As per my little knowledge, various commands like cmd=0x01(5 bit address and 6 bit data) needs to be added for different functions.

I came across different syntax while searching regarding it but couldn't get rid of it.

Is there a simple example code of cypress controller interfacing with rc5.

Kindly help.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

I don't have personal experience with that, but have a look at this thread:

Q: IR Receiver using PSoC4

David

Ok. Actually I have gone through that thread but couldn't understand much☺️.

Anyways I will once again have a look at it.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not built-in library for RC-5 IR communication for the Cypress chips; The thread mentioned by @yser_24585443 has an uploaded example to it of the poster working through the process, but I doubt it is fully functioning.

You will need to write/create/find code to handle the IR communications and supporting hardware for interfacing the PSoC with the IR remote/receiver.