PSoc 4 UART Tx output to terminal through MINIPROG3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeCo_1926091
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Sometime within the last couple of years I read that it is possible to get serial data from the Tx output of a UART in a PSoC 4 to a terminal program running on a laptop through a MINIPROG3 connected between the target and the laptop.  As I recall it said to connect the UART 's Tx pin to pin 6 on the MINIPROG3's 10 pin connector and use the Bridge Control Panel on the laptop.  

Has anyone ever succeeded in making this arrangement work?  if so, would you be kind enough to explain to me how to make it happen?

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

0 Likes
1 Solution

This should be possible with Bridge Control Panel. Could you please check RX8 example code in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Bridge Control Panel\1.18.0\Examples. The help section in Bridge Control Panel regarding RX8 example will be also helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen, it is possible and some people have gotten it working (not myself). Here are some useful references:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-secondary-software

Bridge Control Panel

Bridge Control Panel

It sounds like you already have a good head for what needs to be done to get it working

0 Likes

This should be possible with Bridge Control Panel. Could you please check RX8 example code in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Bridge Control Panel\1.18.0\Examples. The help section in Bridge Control Panel regarding RX8 example will be also helpful.