I am using the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 and need to set a custom GAP Appearance value. Is there a way to do that? Creator software only allows me to pick particular types.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JIWa_3177501
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set the GAP Appearance value to a custom (reserved) value and don't see any way to do so. The PSoC Creator software has a picker for the Appearance value that only lets me select pre-set values. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to stay in compliance with bluetooth specifications, the bluetooth stack is controlled to minimize incompatibilities.

But, you might be able to change the value in software rather than in the component configuration/settings.

Try setting the characteristic for CYBLE_UUDI_CHAR_APPEARANCE (0x2A01) to your custom value with code and see if the advertisement comes up with positive results for that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to stay in compliance with bluetooth specifications, the bluetooth stack is controlled to minimize incompatibilities.

But, you might be able to change the value in software rather than in the component configuration/settings.

Try setting the characteristic for CYBLE_UUDI_CHAR_APPEARANCE (0x2A01) to your custom value with code and see if the advertisement comes up with positive results for that.

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick response., I will try that. I understand the desire to enforce standard compliance but this is for a custom prototype application with only limited and specialized use. It would not be in mass production.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The compliance is more of simplifying the design-time for users from what I've seen, it might not necessarily be intended for forcing compliance. But that is a reason for not being able to change settings easily in the component configuration

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you manually change the flag data/bits in code, you might be able to get around the forced compliance, but I haven't tested/played with it so I don't know what you can do for that.

0 Likes