CE216767 OTA programming with custom Em_EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JeGa_1293081
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 5 questions asked First question asked

Hello, I have been trying to add Em_EEPROM to my App1, and OTA using the bootloader.

I have no compilation errors, but when using cysmart and OTA firmware update, I got the following error,

ota_fail.png

can someone help with this? many thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hi Jerry

By default, the Em_EEPROM storage is fully allocated to both of the PSoC 6 cores in the ".cy_em_eeprom" section. If the Em_EEPROM is used on one of the cores, you must reallocate the declaration of the ".cy_em_eeprom" section in both linker scripts. Otherwise, while building the project the cymcuelftool will report an error because of ".cy_em_eeprom" section contents collision."

So you can set the core0 to occupy 0x4000 from 0x14000000, core1 to occupy 0x4000 from 0x14004000.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hi Jerry

By default, the Em_EEPROM storage is fully allocated to both of the PSoC 6 cores in the ".cy_em_eeprom" section. If the Em_EEPROM is used on one of the cores, you must reallocate the declaration of the ".cy_em_eeprom" section in both linker scripts. Otherwise, while building the project the cymcuelftool will report an error because of ".cy_em_eeprom" section contents collision."

So you can set the core0 to occupy 0x4000 from 0x14000000, core1 to occupy 0x4000 from 0x14004000.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes