ADC resolt on the computer screen

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello I am currently using the sparkfun 2 , and in my project i am using ADC is it posibbile to see the resolt of the adc on the computer screen and not only on external LCD screen (for exmpale in arduino to see the resolt on the cumputer you press serial command ) is there a comnd similar to the Serial like in Arduino but in Cypress ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

That depends. For the Cypress kits there is a USB-UART bridge implemented in the interface (program and debugging) part. So just wiring the UART Rx and Tx lines to the appropriate inputs will allow to use PuTTY to display data. Use sprintf() and UART_PutString() routines. Take care when printing floats, you'll need to increase heap size to 0x0200.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

That depends. For the Cypress kits there is a USB-UART bridge implemented in the interface (program and debugging) part. So just wiring the UART Rx and Tx lines to the appropriate inputs will allow to use PuTTY to display data. Use sprintf() and UART_PutString() routines. Take care when printing floats, you'll need to increase heap size to 0x0200.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you it is more complicated than doing on the lcd

0 Likes