How to configure USBFS in audio IN mode with DMA automatic buffer management ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PIGO_1085426
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I want to transfer more than 512 bytes every 1ms (2 channels 24bytes each, 96kHz sampling) into PC through USB. PSOC 5LP is configured as microphone. I can configure USBFS with manual buffer management, but it works only for less then 512 bytes every 1ms. From USBFS manual I understand that in order to be able to transfer more data I need to choose option endpoint with DMA with automatic buffer management. I tried, but It doesn't work. I use other DMAs in my project and I see when I enable USBFS transfer in DMA mode this other DMAs doesn't work. When USBFS transfer is disabled other DMAs works fine.

How to set USBFS transfer in AUDIO IN mode with DMA automatic buffer ?

Best regards,

Piotr.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SergiiV_71
Employee
Employee
First like received Welcome!

Hi Piotr.,

The CY8CKIT-046 PSoC® 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit  provides example of USB Audio which uses the DMA with automatic buffer management and other DMAs in the design. Hope that help you to clarify things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SergiiV_71
Employee
Employee
First like received Welcome!

Hi Piotr.,

The CY8CKIT-046 PSoC® 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit  provides example of USB Audio which uses the DMA with automatic buffer management and other DMAs in the design. Hope that help you to clarify things.

0 Likes

Hi, SVOZ,

Thank you for advice.

I downloaded the example and compared USBFS settings. I'll do some tests, but generally this example seems to me a little bit too much complicated to analyze how it works. Nevertheless thank you for help. When I do some improvements I'll inform.

Meanwhile,

All the best,

Piotr.

0 Likes

Hello again,

I did some changes in USBFS settings for 96 kHz/24 bits stereo (with DMA with automatic buffer) and USB connection between PSOC 5LP and PC at least started working - I hear sound in PC. But I think not all settings are OK because quality of signal in PC application seems to be strange. Can anyone tell me if value of Product ID in USBFS settings is important

All the best,

Piotr

0 Likes

Piotr,

can you please download PSoC L-series original project or yours (updated one for PSoC5) - I can't find this examples.

/odissey1 

0 Likes

Hi user,

Here I attached archive of original audio example project from CY8CKIT-046 PSoC 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit (I hope it's legal). If you want to I can also attach my project, but it includes bugs and it's not finished.

By the way, could you explain me how important is meaning of value of Product ID in USBFS settings in PSOC project. I know that from PC point  of view another Product ID means another device, but I'd like to know particularly for audio IN project using USBFS with DMA automatic buffer if  Product ID  in USBFS setting can be freely assign or must have special value for particular PSOC5LP.

Best regards,

Piotr.

0 Likes

Piotr,

Thank you for the project. I am not much familiar with USB, such question is better be addressed to Cypress support team

/odissey1 

0 Likes