Anxious about the metastable that the gpio input is synchronized with clk by SmartIO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi,

I am anxious about the metastable that the gpio input is synchronized with clk by SmartIO.

and I want to input it to TR1 of Data Unit.

Is there no problem?

pastedImage_3.png

Or should I synchronize the gpio input twice?

pastedImage_4.png

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Yocchi,

If any of the signals coming in through the Smart I/O Component terminals are meant to be used in sequential elements in the LUTs, the terminal synchronizer must first be used to synchronize that signal to the Component clock. If the signal on gpio0 must be used in LUT0 in Sequential output mode, the synchronization for gpio0 terminal should be enabled for reliable operation.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are concerned that it is not synchronized on the input?

Based on the picture, the output of the lookup table is synchronized.

If you are already synchronizing the input with a FF as your picture and question at the end of your post seems to indicate, then using the same clock for the FF's that is used for clocking the lookup table would synchronize the input and output of the lookup table to change at the same time for changing the lookup value.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Yocchi,

If any of the signals coming in through the Smart I/O Component terminals are meant to be used in sequential elements in the LUTs, the terminal synchronizer must first be used to synchronize that signal to the Component clock. If the signal on gpio0 must be used in LUT0 in Sequential output mode, the synchronization for gpio0 terminal should be enabled for reliable operation.

Best Regards,
VSRS