Digital Placement... Warning: placer did not place the following components: \ADC_1:SARMUX\:SARMUX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know why I might be getting this warning when placing the ADC? Here's my configuration:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
10 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Ray,

Which version of PSoC Creator you used? Possible to attach your project here?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641).  Can't add the project but if you drop the ADC component in any project, I think you'll see the same thing.

0 Likes

If I just drop a ADC component in a empty project, the building errors are shown as attached capture. All errors should be caused by inputs of ADC not allocated. The error you showed is not occurred here.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for testing this. So I did change the configuration from differential to single-ended.

0 Likes

Hello,

Is this issue resolved? If not can you also let us know the pins you used for the SARMUX connection, it appears like your configuration is not using the SARMUX and with the settings in your image, I do not see any warning in the project.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes

Hi

I am having the same issue with "Warning: placer did not place the following components: \ADC:SARMUX\:SARMUX" on a PSOC6 CY8C6347BZI-BLD43 on Kit 062.

I cannot post the project, but I am using 6 single ended inputs, Connected to Port 10 Pins 0-5. It is set for Unsigned in  both formats, 8 samples averaged, Sequential Fixed Avg mode used in single shot mode.

All documentation I have been able to find indicates it is a "legal" setup in terms of the component and the ports the ADC/Mux is assigned to.

I am using PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)

Any  help will be appreciated

Regards

Chris

0 Likes
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I'm getting the same warning. Has this issue been resolved?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes

Hi Fred

From what I received back, the SARMUX is not placed, it is configured when you activate it in your application via the PDL code.

Regards

Chris

0 Likes
StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

PSoC Creator 4.4, Windoze 7, PDL 3.13, ADC v3.10, CY8PROTO-063-BLE

Same error:
Digital Placement...
Warning: placer did not place the following components:
\ADC:SARMUX\:SARMUX
Digital Routing...

StKr_1203736_0-1618855326514.png

I would like to graciously thank Cypress for not bothering to resolve this.  I am thinking of placing a small sticker on the MCU labeled 'ADC' as a method of manual placement.

0 Likes