How to dump FW from EEPROM of BCM20732 (Dump FW script)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Team,

Can you please inform how to dump FW from EEPROM ?

Another, I test the download FW tools by Bluetool & BLE SDK 1.0.1 .

The function is the same but power consumption is different.

The power consumption by SDK is bigger than download by Bluetool. (Raise around 2mA).
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

thanks^^.

It is happy to get the users manual, I will contact our distributor to apply "Loader".

We have a command line solution using a set of tools (with users manual) we provide which allows customers to load firmware within a manufacturing enviironment, but the package (called "Loader") requires an NDA.  Do you have a local distributor that you are working with who can work with you to get an NDA in place?  Once that is in place/verified, I can send them the files to provide to you. Note that one of them is similar to the Chipload.exe utility that is provided within the tools directory of the SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
Hello Frank,

At the present time, we do not support a method to download the firmware contents from the EEPROM. If you are concerned that the firmware is not being downloaded correctly to the EEPROM, this is not an issue with the tools we provide as the download tool that is built into the IDE/SDK downloads and verifies that the firmware was written correctly.

Per the second item, the higher current recorded is a known issue with SDK v1.0.1 and we have implemented a fix that will be deployed within the next SDK release.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I write a BTSP test script as following and try to dump a section of FW from EEPROM.

It can success by "reset" command and "ManualDownloadRead" but I cant find the date of response.

Can I use BTSP to dump EEPROM data.

If not, how do I verify the FW at manufacture stage ?

Please advise, thanks a lot.

//--

use warnings;

use strict;

use BTSP;

my $tran_slave = com13@115200nfc;

my %event;

BTSP::Open($tran_slave);

BTSP::SetProtocol( $tran_slave, HCI );

my %command = (opcode => Reset);

BTSP::SendHCICmdW4SuccessEvent( $tran_slave, %command, timeout=2000 ms );

BTSP::Log( $tran_slave, Reset was successful!  );

BTSP::SetProtocol(Download);

BTSP::ManualDownloadRead( 1, 0x0000, 2 );

//--

Hello Frank,

At the present time, we do not support a method to download the firmware contents from the EEPROM. If you are concerned that the firmware is not being downloaded correctly to the EEPROM, this is not an issue with the tools we provide as the download tool that is built into the IDE/SDK downloads and verifies that the firmware was written correctly.

Per the second item, the higher current recorded is a known issue with SDK v1.0.1 and we have implemented a fix that will be deployed within the next SDK release.
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
We have a command line solution using a set of tools (with users manual) we provide which allows customers to load firmware within a manufacturing enviironment, but the package (called "Loader") requires an NDA.  Do you have a local distributor that you are working with who can work with you to get an NDA in place?  Once that is in place/verified, I can send them the files to provide to you. Note that one of them is similar to the Chipload.exe utility that is provided within the tools directory of the SDK.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

thanks^^.

It is happy to get the users manual, I will contact our distributor to apply "Loader".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Is it possible to read/dump FW from EEPROM ? (not download FW).

I got a crash issue at run time error and the BCM20732 become no function.

So I need to read/dump EEPROM FW to verify again.

Please advise, thanks a lot.

0 Likes

Frank,

When you program the EEPROM using the SDK, it always verifies that all the bytes in the EEPROM are correct before committing. If you suspect EEPROM corruption, the I would recommend that you look at the application code that accesses the EEPROM. Since we use write protect (on the tag boards), the EEPROM can get corrupted only when something is written to the code area in the EEPROM instead of the data area.

0 Likes