Does the Denebola RDK support multiple EZ-USB CX3 devices?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking into using the Denebola RDK as a demonstration platform for a dual camera system.  Is there any software issue that would prevent the use of two RDK's on the same Windows-10 computer?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no issues connecting multiple Denebola kits to the PC and streaming video from each of these devices. You can simultaneously stream video from more than one Denabola kit.

When you open the device manager, the device name will be same for both/multiple devices. Sometimes this can be confusing, you can modify the string name in the firmware and name the device as Kit 1, kit2, etc. and keep separate copies of the firmware for Kit1, 2, etc.

Regards,

Savan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen this board, but what I was looking for was something I could replace the camera part on.  I'm really interested in whether the software that comes with the Denebola kit supports multiple kits running on one PC.  Each kit would supply an independent video stream, and would need to be able to set up the sensor.  It's fairly clear that the kit does what I want for each sensor, so the real question is if there are any gotchas when you plug two kits in.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no issues connecting multiple Denebola kits to the PC and streaming video from each of these devices. You can simultaneously stream video from more than one Denabola kit.

When you open the device manager, the device name will be same for both/multiple devices. Sometimes this can be confusing, you can modify the string name in the firmware and name the device as Kit 1, kit2, etc. and keep separate copies of the firmware for Kit1, 2, etc.

Regards,

Savan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Savan.  I will give this a try.

0 Likes