CYUSB3014 UVC problem (streaming data is bad.)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

We use CYUSB3014 and its UVC function (using AN75779 example).

Streaming data (video data) is okay generally.
But sometimes streaming error occurres. (the attached file)

"Lines are dislocated."
(Excuse me that I have difficulty in this problem by text.)

I checked image sensor's output signals are okay.
(Pixel CLK, VSYNC, HSYNC, Data lines)

I doubt a little that there is a problem on "commit process". (data transfer from CYUSB3014 to Host)

By any chance,
if this problem is related with FX3's GPIF or any firmware part,
please let me know.

Regards, thank you.
Kim

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sukyoung,

If you are getting CommitBuffer errors, it means the flow equilibrium is not maintained. (USB pulls data slower than the rate at which the camera is pumping in the data).

A couple of years back I handled a case from you regarding the UVC. That firmware was based on the old UVC example project model.

Now the An75779 application note has been updated and the example project in the updated version is new and much more efficient.

Please modify your firmware according to the new model.

You can get the app note and the new project here:

AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sukyoung,

If you are getting CommitBuffer errors, it means the flow equilibrium is not maintained. (USB pulls data slower than the rate at which the camera is pumping in the data).

A couple of years back I handled a case from you regarding the UVC. That firmware was based on the old UVC example project model.

Now the An75779 application note has been updated and the example project in the updated version is new and much more efficient.

Please modify your firmware according to the new model.

You can get the app note and the new project here:

AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan