A fundamental question of CY8CKIT-062-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the device of CY8C5868LTI-LPO39 for the first time.But after I had downloaded the sample code from the wedsite,I found that the model was not compatible with the one I used and I was not allowed to change it.Besides,my computer can't recognize the USB port and the project can't be programmed.I want to know how to solve those problems. thank you for your help!!!

我第一次使用 CY8C5868LTI-LPO39这个型号的设备。但是当我从网站下载了例程之后发现型号与我所用的型号不同,但是想要修改被提示说明该型号的程序不能被更改,之后编译也错误百出。此外,USB接口连上电脑后,软件无法识别出该设备,也无法进行下载,我急需某位专家的帮助,非常感谢!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr.Fred

Just now I used PSoC programmer to upgrade firmware and then it can be recognized! !

Thank you for your help very much!!! And please forgive me for my awful English.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Xiaojing,

Please double check which kit board you are using.

If it is CY8CKIT-062-BLE, you can get it work as long as you have installed PSoC Creator 4.2PSoC Creator 4.2 Production Release! and PDL3.0.1.

PDL 3.0.1 would be installed automatically along with installing PSoC Creator 4.2.

If there is old version PSoC Creator 4.2 or PDL3.0.1 installed previously, please firstly uninstall it.

NOT SURE why you got stuck with CY8C5868LTI-LPO39. Let me know your confirmation.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr./Mrs. fwan

Thank you for your answer and just now I found that I mistaken the model of BLE I used and the example code had no problem.But the computer still can't recognize the device. After I redownloaded the PSoC Programmer, the computer detected the USB port(com 11). However, when I choose to debug, it still can't find any device.S o I think that maybe my installing access is wrong but I don't know where it is or maybe there is something wrong in other places.

The device(PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-062-BLE) shows that LED2 and LED4 are constantly on. And the result is shown as the picture below.

(the PSoC Programmer was updated and I had chosen "Upgrade Firmware") It was useful for other computer except mine.Thank you for your help very much.

0 Likes

Hi Xiaojing,

Let's confirm your current status step by step.

You mean PC cannot recognize the 062KIT, right? Have you ever installed the PSoC Creator 4.2?

If it is installed, could 062KIT be programmed by PSoC Creator, using the available code example?

From your description, you should never get the kit board work, or programmed successfully, right?

First of all, please make sure the PSoC Creator 4.2 (release version) is installed in your platform.

Regards,

Fred

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr Fred

I am sure that I have installed the PSoC Creator 4.2, otherwise it is impossible that I can programm the code example(for 062KIT). Now I just can't make my computer recognize the 062KIT, but it can find an unknown device which is connected to my computer.So now the problem is that how to let PSoC Creator 4.2 find 062KIT.

Thank you for you reply very much.

0 Likes

Hi Xiaojing,

Thanks for your confirmation.

If PSoC Creator can not acquire the port correctly, please make sure if the driver for PSoC 6 is successfully installed.

The first time 062kit is connected to PC, the driver would be installed automatically. Please check if the port "Kitprog2 USB-UART" is shown as attached picture.

Capture_driver.PNG

If the driver fails to be installed, please change to other USB ports on your PC.

Let me know if above helps.

Regards,

Fred

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As is shown in the picture, I think the driver has been installed,but it still can't recognize the model. When I choose to debug, it reminds me like the picture below.

在 2018-03-28 10:42:20,"fwan" <community-manager@cypress.com> 写道:

|

|

Cypress Developer Community

|

|

A fundamental question of CY8CKIT-062-BLE

reply from fwan in PSoC 6 MCU Community - View the full discussion

Hi Xiaojing,

Thanks for your confirmation.

If PSoC Creator can not acquire the port correctly, please make sure if the driver for PSoC 6 is successfully installed.

The first time 062kit is connected to PC, the driver would be installed automatically. Please check if the port "Kitprog2 USB-UART" is shown as attached picture.

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-154295-250031/Capture_driver.PNG

If the driver fails to be installed, please change to other USB ports on your PC.

Let me know if above helps.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 6 MCU Community by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following A fundamental question of CY8CKIT-062-BLE in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

|

0 Likes

Xiaojing,

Please check SW6 on the reverse side of the board not select "External" option. For programming PSoC 6 on board, SW6 should be switched to "PSoC 6 BLE" (right side option).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr.Fred

Just now I used PSoC programmer to upgrade firmware and then it can be recognized! !

Thank you for your help very much!!! And please forgive me for my awful English.

0 Likes